Wednesday 1 April 2015

Plan for Digipack 1


This is my first design for our digipack. In order to make it I used Photoshop, Word and Paint. The design is very similar to the actual setting of our music video. I did this because I felt it would give the audience an initial feel of the song and music video from just looking at the digipack.

The front cover (bottom right) is of  multiple trees of which sun light is protruding through. This gives it a tense feel, and gives the target audience an idea of what they can expect straight away. At the bottom I have the song title in a dark writing to fit in with the general feel of the image and overall digipack. This is in a large font however in order to catch the eye of the audience straight away. In comparison to this, I then have the artists name 'SBTRKT' going down the right hand side in red colour and large font. I used the colour red as it connotes blood, which again adds to the tense feeling that I am trying to connote to the audience. Overall, I have considered how colour will effect the audience and how I can use it to my advantage to enhance my digipack.

The back cover (bottom middle) is very simple. It is a black background, which looks faded by incorporating white and grey pixels on it. This gives the feel that its old, making it seem creepy and tense. To the left hand side of the screen is a human like figure, this fits the bill as it is similar to what we are going to try and make the music video look like, with our main character always being slightly more illuminated than the background, in order for it to be easy to see what's going on, while still giving the scary and tense feel to the piece. In the top right of the back cover is the specific single/song name 'Trials of the Past'. When  I wrote this on Photoshop, I then smudged it using the smudge tool, which makes it look faded into the background, this is also a general house style that I would then use across both digipack, posters and magazine adverts. In the bottom right is the bar code which every digipack has.

The other two images (bottom left and top right) are the inside of the digipack, which both have the song name and artist name on it. This is because it is simple, basic and means that it is obvious to the audience when looking at the digipack what song it is and who the artist is. The general images are again very dark, and both have forest links to them, which is where our music video is going to be set. Therefore the common house style throughout of the images links back to the music video itself, which is an example of convergence between two of my products.

No comments:

Post a Comment