Thursday 2 April 2015

Digipack by Our Chosen Artist: SBTRKT


The Digipack once it has been unfolded. The CD sits inside the two covers.


Another image of SBTRKT's Digipack.

This is an example of a pre existing digipack that the artist produced and used when they released the SBTRKT album. It is very simple and uses SBTRKT's trademark mask image, along with a dark background that makes the image stand out. On the back of the digipack, we can see white writing on a black background, again a very simple process, however it stands out and makes it easy for the target market to read and understand. The CD itself is unique and is the reverse of the colour scheme, instead of the writing being white, it is black on the CD and the CD is white. This stands out and makes it unique to the digipack. Overall, it is a very simple digipack, but an example of how simple ideas can be used to good effect.

The font used is very basic and simple to read, yet effective. It matches the genre of the music and connotes how the music is going to sound. It looks as though it has been very carefully thought about, and therefore helps the way people initially interpret the album and in turn I feel it helps them know what to expect from the album. Therefore, this shows me that when creating my digipack it is important I carefully think about the font type that I use on both digipack and magazine advert, as these are what people will look at and get an initial idea and base the sort of  music they can expect to hear on. 

The visual imagery that we can see on the digipack is effective as it gives a sense of creativity to the audience. This in turn has a knock on effect and makes the audience consider what it is and what it might be connoting, helping engage the audience with the music they will later here and the digipack itself. The colors used on the digipack are also effective, as the bright yellow and blue stands out against the black background, again helping catch the eye of the audience and get them interested. Overall, the visual imagery is very effective and very unique to anything I've ever seen before on a digipack, therefore I feel it works well and I feel this could be something I could do on my digipack to help it stand out among the crowd so people pick my digipack up before other digipacks. 

By analysing this it allows me to look at some of the generic conventions used which will allow me to get a better understanding on the genre, and therefore what I will need to include on my digipack. Also by looking at previous digipack's from my chosen artist, it can help give me ideas and help influence the sort of product that I produce. Overall it will allow me the best chances to produce an industry standard digipack which will make the product look realistic and give a sense of realism.  I feel like I will take away some good things from this digipack, for example I will ensure the use of bright colors on my digipack, or ones that stand out from the background as I feel this works well in catching they eye of the audience and getting them initially engaged with the digipack. To then keep there attention, I think a unique and creative design is key to ensuring they don't instantly put it back down after the initial excitement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment